Thursday, December 8, 2011

Meds

My mood is better today!  It's probably because I took pain meds and put on a lidoderm patch too.  Take the pain away and it's amazing how your mood can change.  The irritability just lifts away and I feel so much better.  You would think I would just take the meds more often, but I just have this thing about having to take pain medication.  I know I can get relief if I take it before it gets too bad, but I just don't like to take it.  I know too many people who have died from taking pain medication, and the thought of it killing off my organs every time I use it really bothers me.  I use my lidoderm patches all the time though.  I don't think I could make it with out them!  But they are not enough alone, and I am just not comfortable taking vicoden all the time.

It's not just the fact of taking he meds, its the effects of the meds.  Walking around like you are high, isn't fun to me.  I don't like that feeling at all.  Especially if there are people around me.  Then I get paranoid that everyone knows I am "doped" up!  Not fun...

I read that the FDA suggested that Vicoden and Percocet should be removed from the market because of the acetaminophen levels in it.  This kind of bother me due to the fact that when I need it, I really need it!  I can't imagine not having it to take when I am in desperate need of some relief.  That would just be awful for chronic pain patients that don't abuse their meds!  I realize there are a lot of people out there that abuse these drugs, but those o us that don't, are going to suffer dearly if they pull them from the market like they did Darvon and Darvocet, which I used to take.

Well I guess they will do what they want, they always do.  It doesn't matter if it hurts some people.  that is just how I feel.  But for now, I can enjoy the rest of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment